Snapshots of Easter

01:25

I'm always thankful for a public holiday/long weekend. The recent Good Friday holiday held extra special meaning, as I was reminded of God's love and what Jesus did at Calvary. May I never forget how loved I am :')

The long weekend was a good opportunity for me to take a breather, relax and go out for some much needed exploration. I was randomly browsing through news when I saw an article on how there was a Hobbiton exhibit set-up at Changi airport! Ever since I caught the first Hobbit movie, I had fallen in love with the picturesque scenery and Bilbo Baggin's charming and quaint little cottage at Hobbiton.

I was thus thrilled at the news and immediately texted my  family to request a trip to the airport. However, upon reading the news, I realised the exhibit was ending on 5 April :O and I had only two days to visit the exhibit. Thankfully, my mum said we could go down on that very evening, and I was super excited.

After a delicious and satisfying dinner at the revamped food court at terminal 3, we trotted to the exhibit, and realised it was part of a Visit New Zealand showcase, which featured other well-known Kiwi exports such as the All Blacks. But of course, the highlight was the Hobbiton exhibit and Galdalf himself (ok, more like a figure made in his likeness).

Couldn't resist taking quite a few pictures of Bilbo's cute cottage!

My family and I stopped to take a few pictures at the doorway, after which a never-ending stream of people came into the picture (literally). I managed to get a few snaps without random photo-bombers after the exhibit closed at 11, and we left, promising to visit the real place one day :)

Easter Sunday was a quiet affair, and we went for church service eager to hear the Easter message. It was a good reminder of His finished work and overpayment for our sins, and the items and videos shown during service were really touching. I'm so blessed to be planted in New Creation.

A family shot (minus Dad) after service

Here's to a good April! :) Looking forward to post up more snaps during the month. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Follow me on Instagram

instagram.com/samgoesgaigai

Subscribe